LolliStory 2

Here’s a great story for youth and kids! Lolli ventures to Beauty Land as she is led to believe she can be more beautiful there. She ends up trading away everything she loves but then finally discovers the essence of real beauty. A lovely and heartwarming story by Singaporean storyteller Neo Beng Choo and artwork by Neo Beng Poh. Includes Lolli voiceovers by Mikayla Khoo (2+) and a song by Chee Hui Ling.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Homesick

The feeling of missing home seems most acute when I am tired and drained, physical and emotionally and spiritually. When I wake up in the morning, i dont look forward to the day, to seeing patients, to doing work... And if I dont do anything about it, it will just get worse.

It was time to dig my root deep in the word and find the hope that is an anchor for my soul, firm and secure. I read Romans 8:28-39.

In moments when things are removed from your life,
It is the blessing of God
To look with the eyes of my heart the unseen,
To lay hold with the hands of faith the intangible,
To stand with feet of assurance the unchangeable,

Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I am learning to be content whatever the circumstances.
To know what it is to be in need,
and know what it is to have plenty,
To learn the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether living in plenty or in need.
I can do everything through him who gives my strength.

No comments: