LolliStory 2

Here’s a great story for youth and kids! Lolli ventures to Beauty Land as she is led to believe she can be more beautiful there. She ends up trading away everything she loves but then finally discovers the essence of real beauty. A lovely and heartwarming story by Singaporean storyteller Neo Beng Choo and artwork by Neo Beng Poh. Includes Lolli voiceovers by Mikayla Khoo (2+) and a song by Chee Hui Ling.

Monday, July 7, 2008

First 2 weeks in Iowa

The first 2 weeks in iowa has just gone by. If I look at it the other way... its 154 of 156 weeks left to go. I came here on 24th June 2008.

I feeling quite sick now. Been having this flu and hacking cough (with lots of yucky stuff) for the past 2 weeks. People have told me that I should make sure that I get well before the winter comes in December, if not the cold dry air will just freeze my poor lung. I have been having head and neck anatomy and dissection classes for the past one week and I don't the formaldehyde fumes from the cadevas are helping either. I guess I have to stay off jogging, swimming, cycling and any other physically strenous activity until I fully recover.

This weekend, I got myself a bottle of multi-vitamins and "immune boosting" supplement from the local supermarket here, hopefully downing these pills will help me recover faster. But its really annoying that these chunky big pills always seem to get stuck half way down my throat, despite gulping down lots of water.

Food:
I must say I am quite proud of myself to be alive still after 2 weeks. I really didnt know what to do and what I was going to eat. The first morning after I arrived to Iowa, I had no breakfast and my flatmate had to offer me his milk and cereal. The second morning I still had nothing, but I think it wasnt nice to keep eating his breakfast... so I just skipped breakfast... hey... its not like I have not skipped breakfast before. In the end, I managed to get to Wal-mart and bought like a lot of food. Well, its lasted me for a week till now... and I still have a bit more to go. I've started to cook. Struggling with getting the estimate of how much to cook for one person. The first time I cooked, I cooked too much and invited a class mate to come over to eat. Thankfully, he said the food wasnt too bad. But after this week, I have decided not to cook using sesame seed oil or garlic cause the smell is very strong and it just permeates the whole house. I dont mind it, but I dont think my flatmate would like it... especially he's ang moh... so I will have to wait till 1st August when I move into my own apartment.

No comments: