LolliStory 2

Here’s a great story for youth and kids! Lolli ventures to Beauty Land as she is led to believe she can be more beautiful there. She ends up trading away everything she loves but then finally discovers the essence of real beauty. A lovely and heartwarming story by Singaporean storyteller Neo Beng Choo and artwork by Neo Beng Poh. Includes Lolli voiceovers by Mikayla Khoo (2+) and a song by Chee Hui Ling.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday evening

I went to church today after school. They had dinner(home cooked food!!) and then bible study classes in the evening. Bible study was split into the older generation, the chinese speaking younger generation and the english speaking younger generation. I went to the english one today just to see what its like since I tried the chinese speaking one last week. We studied 1 Peter with Larry (who is an American but worked in China for a number of years) and i guess the question that I took away was, "Do I see myself as a alien and stranger in this world... or am I too much a part of this world?" I guess the answer is obvious. :P

Anyway, after classes, Eddie (a 20 year old student from HK) asked me if I wanted to go out after church. I was thinking, "yeah, why not... get to know him better..." We ended up going to a pub/disco with another HK guy, Ben and a Korean friend of his, Chi... not my kind of place. Too loud and people are just dancing, gyrating and drinking... which i like just stare and stare at... hahaha Ben and Eddie went down to the dancing floor while me and Chi got acquainted. Thankfully, Chi (Korean) and I decided to leave Eddie and Ben at the dancing floor while we went out in search for a quieter place to chat and drink some wine instead of beer. hahaha... Chi said it must a generation gap thing, cause he not into disco, he's 25 years old... sigh.. that makes me the oldest amongst the 4 of them. But it was a good decision to leaving the disco and move to somewhere my quiet for the evening. :)

No comments: